Many of the iPhone8 users would have occasionally encountered problems with Wi-Fi connectivity. It is quite normal to have Wi-Fi connectivity problems.
I will explain the different reasons why the iPhone 8 Wi-Fi Won’t Connect. How to fix the iPhone 8 Wi-Fi connectivity issues are also described in detail in this article.
Why iPhone 8 Wi-Fi Won’t Connect
There are many reasons why the iPhone 8 Wi-Fi Won’t Connect. It can vary from the router or modem connectivity problems to your device driver software problems or hardware problems to name a few.
How to Diagnose iPhone8 Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
Once you have identified the problem, it is easier to find a solution. The simplest method to diagnose iphone8 Wifi connectivity issues is by checking whether another device can connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
If you can connect another device to the same Wi-Fi network which you are trying to connect to, it means that the problem is with your iPhone 8 settings or software.
If no other device can get connected to the Wi-Fi, the issue is probably with your router or modem.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Wi-Fi Won’t Connect Issues
1. ISP Related Issues
If the red light indicator on the modem or router is on, it means that the internet connectivity provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not working. Nothing much can be done in such situations. Wait for some time until the red light gets off automatically.
You may contact the ISP and get an idea as to what has happened and when they expect to resolve the issue at their end.
2. Login Credentials Issues
Some times, wrong login credentials can be the problem with Wi-Fi connectivity issues. If another device gets connected to the same Wi-Fi network and you are not able to connect, then login credentials, especially the password could be the problem. The network admin would have changed the passcode recently.
To avoid the login credentials problem, follow the procedures listed below.
- Verify that the login credentials are correct by confirming the details with the Wi-Fi network administrator.
- Make sure that you re-type the passcode and not use the stored passcode from your iPhone 8 phone.
Many a time, this would solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issues with iPhone 8 mobiles.
3. Modem/Router Issues
If no other devices are able to connect to the same Wi-Fi network, it may be the problem with the modem or router. You need to restart the modem or router.
Follow the instructions given below to restart your modem or router, which is also as power cycling the modem or router.
- Remove the power cord from your modem or router.
- Verify that all the lights on the modem are off.
- Wait for approximately 30 seconds or so.
- Connect the power cord back to the modem or router.
- Wait some time for the power and internet lights to turn green.
- Try connecting to your iPhone 8 now.
- Your iPhone 8 will connect tot he Wi-Fi in many cases.
4. iPhone 8 Software Issues
Minor software problems with the iPhone 8 can cause Wi-Fi connectivity problems. This can be fixed by resetting your iPhone 8.
The steps involved to reset your iPhone 8 are given below.
- Keep pressing the side button or power button until the power off slider bar appears on the mobile screen.
- Drag the slider bar and turn off your iPhone 8.
- After a time period of approximately 30 seconds, keep pressing the side button or the power button, until the Apple logo is displayed on your iPhone 8.
- Now, you may be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
This shows that restarting the modem or router can resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issues with the iPhone 8 mobile phones in many cases.
5. Network Settings Issues with iPhone 8
Sometimes, changing or updating the network settings can fix Wi-Fi network issues on iPhone 8 mobiles.
- Go to Settings.
- Select ‘General’.
- Then, select ‘Reset’.
- Now, select ‘Reset Network Settings’.
- Sometimes, you will be asked to enter the passcode, if so, enter it.
- Wait for the iPhone 8 to complete the reset process.
- The iPhone 8 will automatically restart.
- Set up the Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to the Wi-fi.
- You may be able to connect to the Wi-Fi now.
This, Wi-Fi connectivity issue can sometimes be resolved by resetting the network settings on your iPhone 8 mobile.
6. Temporary Wi-Fi Issues
At times, tempory connectivity problems can cause Wi-Fi not working with iPhone 8. This is especially true if you are using the Wi-Fi connectivity provided by the public transport system. Constant move sometimes causes connectivity problems.
To fix any temporary glitches with Wi-Fi connectivity, follow the instructions given below. There are two different methods. You may try the first one. If it does not resolve the problem, try the second method also.
A. Wi-Fi Off and On
- Go to “Settings”
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Tap and switch off Wi-Fi.
- Again tap to switch on the Wi-fi.
B. Airplane Mode On and Off
- Go to “Settings”
- Select Airplane Mode.
- Tap and switch on Airplane Mode. This, in turn, disables Wi-Fi.
- Again tap to switch off Airplane Mode. This enables Wi-Fi.
Conclusion: iphone8 users occasionally come across Wi-Fi won’t connect issues. There can be different reasons for problems with Wi-Fi connectivity. This article takes a look at the possible causes and also tells you how to fix iPhone 8 Wi-Fi won’t connect issues.
Identifying the problem can help in solving the problem. If the red light on the modem or router is on, it means that the problem is with the ISP. Nothing much can be done by you than to wait for the connection problems to be resolved by the ISP. Sometimes, the wrong login credentials could be the villain. Verify the login credentials with the Wi-Fi admin. Key in the log in the passcode or password and do not use the stored passcode from your iPhone 8 to log in.
Check and see if any other devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If no other devices are able to connect, then it could be a problem with the modem or router. A simple restarting of the modem or router can resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity with iPhone 8 in many such cases.
If other devices are connected and you are not able to connect to the Wi-Fi, your iPhone 8 software may be the problem. Resetting your iPhone 8 can resolve the problem in many cases. In some other cases, resetting the iPhone 8 network settings can resolve the connectivity issues.
Tempory connectivity issues may also cause problems for the iPhone 8 users. This happens mostly when you are using the Wi-Fi network provided by public transport systems. Switching off the Wi-Fi and then switching it on is one method to resolve the problem. Another method is to Switch on the Airplane mode and then switching it off.