Well, let’s leave aside all the underrating topics that have been rising about Facebook and get to serious things. If you happen to hear someone speaking bad things about Facebook, it is because they were not around when it was first launched. This platform is one of the largest social media networks where you can chat, share photos and videos, and even contact businesses and get things done quickly. However, did you know that to download videos from Facebook to iPhone can be such a tough thing?
I believe that you have been using this platform for quite some time and that you during this time, you come across exciting videos that you wanted to save to your iPhone and watch later.
You did not manage to save it, right?
If you have had this problem, then don’t blame yourself. Unfortunately, Facebook does not have the essential download feature to save Facebook videos to iPhone.
However, despite the lack of the download feature, there are several ways that you can use to download Facebook videos to your iPhone.
How to download Facebook videos to iPhone
There are five different ways that you can use to download Facebook videos. Therefore, if you have been looking forward to saving your Facebook videos on your iPhone, but you just didn’t know-how, you can use one of the following methods.
An online Facebook video downloader,
Video downloader software
Take advantage of save for later option
Method 1: Using an Online Facebook Downloader
Well, if you are that guy who likes to follow discussions in forums, then you might have heard of several Facebook video downloaders on the iOS store.
There are lots of online Facebook video downloaders on the web that allows you to download videos from Facebook to your iDevice.
FBDownload is one of those apps that you can use to download videos from Facebook without any hustle.
For you to be able to use the FBDownload app perfectly, you need to install a browser that supports file downloads. You can download DManager. It is one of the best browsers I can recommend.
Here is how to go about it.
- Download the DManager application from the App Store.
- After you install the app, open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Find the exact video that you want to download and then tap the Share button and then press Copy Link.
- You can skip steps 2 and 3 if you already have the link of the video that you want to save on your iPhone.
- Once you’ve copied the link, open the DManager app that you just downloaded.
- Type this address bitdownloader.com in the URL bar.
- Now paste the video’s link you copied from Facebook into the search box once the bitdownloader website loads. Tap the Download button afterward.
- Select the video resolution you want and then tap and hold the download button. Tap on Download from the pop-up menu that appears.
- The video will be downloaded. Once its done, swipe it to the right, then tap on Action and select Open In.
- Now select Save Video from the Share Sheet that appears, and that is it. You have saved the Facebook video to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
Method 2: Use Facebook++ to Download Facebook Videos to iPhone
Facebook++ is not an official app for the iPhone, but it can be used to add some new features to the Facebook app for iPhone.
The app can add the ability to download videos directly to your iPhone.
To use this app, you only need to sideload it via Cydia Impactor.
The best thing about this app is the fact that you will be able to download Facebook videos within no time and without having to flip through different apps or URLs.
Before you use this app, you MUST first delete the original Facebook app.
Rule of Thumb
On your computer:
- Download the Facebook++ IPA after uninstalling the Facebook app
- Afterward, download and install Cydia Impactor for Mac, Windows, or Linux, depending on the operating system your PC is using.
- Now connect your iDevice to your PC and then run the Cydia Impactor app.
- Drag and drop the Facebook++ file into the Cydia Impactor window.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted for them. This is sent to Apple to generate a signing certificate to install Facebook++ onto your device.
- You will see Facebook’s icon on your iPhone’s Home screen when the process is complete.
- Go to Settings and then choose General and finally Profiles (or ‘Device Management’).
- Next, open the profile that is marked with the Apple ID of your iPhone and then tap on the Trust button.
- Finally, open the Facebook++ app and then go to the video that you want to save. You will now see a Save button.
The save button will allow you to download videos from Facebook to iPhone.
Method 3: Use a Video Downloader Software
Sometimes making use of your PC could save you time that you will spend downloading apps for saving videos on your iPhone.
There are many software that you can use to download videos from several social media websites to your computer. One such software is 4KDownload that you can use on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
When you download a Facebook video to your PC using this app, you will have to transfer them to your iPhone using AirDrop or file transfer software for iOS.
Method 4: Save Videos for Later
You can also use the save for later option on Facebook to save Facebook videos and view them later. However, the drawback of this method is that it doesn’t allow you to download the videos to the local storage of your iPhone.Instead, the videos will be saved on your Facebook profile itself. You can always watch these videos without having to connect to the internet, and you don’t need to use any app to get this done.
To use this method,
- Open the Facebook app on your iDevice.
- Navigate to the video you need to save.
- When the video starts to play, three dots will appear at the top-right-hand. Simply tap on it and then select the “Save Video” option.
- The video will be saved, and you can view it at any time when you tap on the hamburger menu icon. It should be at the bottom right corner of your screen and then tap on ‘Saved’.
Method 5: Use MyMedia To Download Facebook Videos to your iPhone
You can use this method to download videos from Facebook to iPhone and watch them when offline without any network interruption.
- Download the ‘MyMedia File Manager’ application for your iOS device on App Store
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Find the video that you want to download.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Save video’ option and then open the Saved Video section.
- Under the Saved Video, go ahead and tap on the three-dot and then Copy link.
You can also tap on the ‘Share’ option then select ‘Copy link.’
- Next, open the MyMedia app.
- Open one of the following websites from the browser:
- Now paste the copied link of the video in the search box and then tap on the ‘Download’ or ‘Go’ button. Select your preferred video quality.
- Again tap on “Download the file” from the pop-up and provide the file name for the video.
- Tap on ‘Save’ or ‘Download,’ and the video will start downloading.
- Once the downloading process is finished, switch to the ‘Media.’ You can find this at the bottom of the screen. Your downloaded video will be available on this screen.
- You can either watch the video in this app or download it to your ‘Camera Roll.’ For the latter, simply tap on the desired video and select ‘Save to Camera Roll.’
- Tap on OK in order to allow any permission that this app needs.
- The Facebook video will be saved to your Camera Roll.
These are the five different methods that you can use to download videos from Facebook to the iPhone that can save you lots of time.
Each one of the above techniques indeed has its own benefits and drawbacks.
We prefer using the first method because it works on any device and any OS. It is also available for free and can be used from any browser.