So what is YourPhone.exe? In case you are trying to figure out what it is, I have found out that others are trying to figure out how to stop it. Do you want to know if it is useful or not essential? If that is so, you are not alone.
If you thought that YourPhone.exe file is a virus, then you are wrong. It is a genuine and useful Microsoft process that is used to interlink your phone to your PC’s operating system. Without this file, you will find it challenging to connect your phone to your computer. As a result, you will not be able to carry out some of its essential activities.
This executable file is just one of the few background applications that you can easily ignore if you do not intend to send SMS messages from your Windows 10 desktop.
Even though this app is essential for such tasks, it may consume quite a considerable amount of your Random Access Memory (RAM). Because of that, if you do not intend to use this feature, you might want to remove it. However, if you use your Desktop to send SMS messages, you might want to do something about it.
Keeping it on your PC can help you to sync photos between your mobile device and your PC.
Is YourPhone.exe Process a Virus?
Just as mentioned above, YourPhone.exe is a program developed by Microsoft. This means that it is not malware but a legit process.
It happens that other programs can install this file on your PC without your notice. If it is not signed by Microsoft, then it is a risk you should take care of. Also, some malware or virus can still attach themselves to this file even if it is a product of Microsoft.
The scenario of viruses attaching themselves to this file is not very common. Still, it is essential to install an antivirus program such as Avast to protect your computer and perform a virus scan regularly.
If you want to remove it from your PC, you will need to use the solutions that we have listed below. These solutions will help you to safely remove or simply turn off the app.
Since this file or application has high memory consumption, if to optimize your computer’s performances, you will need to use the CPU usage hub and get all the tips on how to go about it.
That said, let’s see how…
To fix various PC problems using Restoro PC Repair Tool:
Restoro is one of the best software we recommend. The best thing about it is the ability to repair common computer errors.
Apart from that, this tool is essential in protecting you from any kind of data or file loss. For complete protection of any error that might arise from YourPhone.exe, you need a tool that will protect your PC from malware, hardware failure, and a tool that will optimize your computer system for maximum performance.
You can get most issues fixed and remove malware and viruses that might have attached themselves on this .exe file in 3 easy steps:
- Start by Downloading Restoro PC Repair Tool, the top-rated tool on TrustPilot.com.
- Once you have installed it, this software will launch itself automatically. If it does not, right-click on it and then select the Run as an administrator option.
- Once you get to the main interface, go ahead and click Start Scan. This process will scan your PC and find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- After the scan process is complete, click on the Repair All button in order to start fixing the issues with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
Disable YourPhone.exe from Running in the Background
If you find out that this feature is of no use to you, you can disable it from running in the background. Also, you can remove it from the startup applications and save you the time of having to disable it each time you power on your PC.
To disable YourPhone.exe from running in the background, you can follow the steps below.
- Hit the Windows key + X on your keyboard all at once
- From the mini window or menu that appears, click on Settings.
- Once the settings window opens, click on Privacy.
- From the next window, click on to the Background Apps and then browse through till you find Your Phone app in the list of Background apps.
- Now toggle off the application for Background apps.
- Restart your computer to apply changes.
The above procedures will disable the YourPhone.exe file from running in the background.
If this does not help that much and you want to totally remove it from your computer, you can follow the steps below.
How to Turn Off the YourPhone.exe Process
Turning off this feature ultimately will be of help to some extent, but still, it will consume a little RAM. If you don’t want to use it, it will be just a waste of space if you leave it even though you might require it someday.
The importance of disabling it is that you will be able to save system resources by turning the YourPhone.exe process off along with other UWP app processes they don’t need.
If you want to turn off the YourPhone.exe process in Windows 10, here are the steps:
- Open Windows 10’s search box by pressing the Windows key + Q.
- Type background apps in the Type here to search box.
- From the results, click Background apps to fire up.
- Next, scroll down to the Your Phone app.
- Toggle the Your Phone option off and then close Settings.
- Finally, restart your PC and see if the problems associated with this file are fixed.
- Remove the YourPhone App
Most users who don’t have any near plans to use this app decide to uninstall Your Phone app. This is the right move as compared to the above method. It ensures that processes don’t consume system resources. This will also save you the space it uses on your RAM, and so you don’t have to worry about high memory usage anymore.
However, you cannot be able to uninstall Your Phone via settings or through the control panel in Windows 10 1903 because it is a built-in app.
If you want to completely remove it, you will have to do this using the PowerShell command as follows.
- Hit the Windows key + S to open the Cortana’s search box
- Now type this command in the search box PowerShell
- Right-click Windows PowerShell and then select the Run as administrator option.
- After that, a PowerShell window will be opened. Once it is open, type Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.your phone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage and then press the Return key.
- Reboot your PC after uninstalling Your Phone, and everything should now work just fine.
Frequently Asked Questions about YourPhone.exe
- What is phone EXE?
YourPhone.exe is an executable file by Microsoft, which is used to link your phone to Windows 10. This file helps users to make calls over the Internet.
- Is YourPhone.exe a Virus?
This file is a legitimate Microsoft process, and it is not a malware. It does not harm your computer in any way. If you think that it is causing problems, you should install antivirus software to protect your PC against that.
- How do I use phone EXE?
If you want to use this app, you will be required to open the Background apps from the Start menu and scroll down to the Your Phone app. Alternatively, you can go Settings tab first if the app is not available on the default screen. Afterward, toggle the Your Phone bar to On in order to enable it.
- How do I delete phone EXE?
This app is not available in the control panel because it is an inbuilt app that comes with Windows. To remove it from your PC, you will have to use the PowerShell.
I hope that now you know what YourPhone.exe is and how to disable or remove it on your Windows PC. If you followed closely, you have just freed up system resources.
If you have different opinions about the YourPhone.exe Windows 10, you can share it with us by leaving a comment below.