The Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe is an executable file that comes with Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 126.96.36.199. This is a program that was developed by Aimersoft Software.
This file is larger than other .exe files, and it is usually about 102.9 MB in size.
If you don’t have an idea of what a .exe file extension means the don’t worry so much. The .exe is just a name that signals that a particular file is an executable file.
Some executable files are indeed dangerous to have on your PC in that they can harm or damage your computer.
Go through this article if you want to find out if the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe is safe or it is a virus. After this article, you will be able to decide whether the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe file on your computer is a virus or trojan horse that you should delete.
You will learn the various errors that might be associated with it and determine whether it is a valid Windows operating system file or a reliable application.
Also, if you will want to remove it, everything is packed together, so keep reading.
Is Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe safe, or is it a virus or malware?
Since I have mentioned that not all executable files are good for your PC and that they cold to some extent harm your system, it is important if you examine this compact file.
As usual, if you want to know if a file is genuine, the first thing to do is first determine if it is a legitimate Windows process or a virus. To help you do this, you will be required to find out the location of the executable itself. For our case, the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe is a process like Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe should run from C:\Program Files\Aimersoft\Video Converter Ultimate\ subfolder and not anywhere else.
How to check the location of Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe file location
To confirm that this executable file is running from a legitimate location, you will have to use the task manager.
Here are the steps:
- Press the Windows logo button on your keyboard and the X button all at the same time.
- From the small menu that opens, select the task manager. This operation will fire up the Task Manager.
- Now go ahead and click at the View option.
- Select Columns and then choose “Image Path Name.” This will help you to add a location column to your Task Manager.
- Browse through the list of running tasks and locate the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe process. Navigate across the columns and check if you can find a suspicious directory from the Image Path name column. If you find out that the location that this executable file is running from to be suspicious, it will be wise for you to start running extra checks. It will be good because you will be able to figure out if it is harmful or not.
Detecting Bad Processes Using Microsoft’s Process Explorer
You can also use Microsoft’s Process Explorer tool to detect bad processes. This method has been used by many, and after investigating, the results are only two – a genuine file or a threat.
Do you want to dig more and know how to use this tool? Check out the instructions below.
- Start the program. Please note that there is no installation required.
- Next, under Options, activate “Check Legends.”
- Go ahead and click on to View.
- From the list of options that are displayed, select Columns, and then click add “Verified Signer.” This will add the Verified Signer column to the default columns.
- Now what you have to do is find out if the status of the process is listed as verified or unable to verify. If the process “Verified Signer” status is listed as “Unable to Verify,” this means that the file can be a threat and can harm your PC. You should take a moment and end the process.
It is important to note that not all good or verified Windows processes have a valid Verified Signature label. Therefore, you should dig deeper before you decide to leave the file on your PC. Don’t just fall for the verified signature. Also, none of the bad processes are good
Useful Facts about Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe file
To help you study to analyze this executable file, I have listed some of the most important facts about Compact.exe.
Here are the most important facts about Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe:
- Located in C:\Program Files\Aimersoft\Video Converter Ultimate\ subfolder;
- Publisher: Aimersoft Software
- Full Path:
- Help file: support.aimersoft.comPublisher URL: www.aimersoft.com
- Known to be up to 102.9 MB in size on most Windows
You can use the 6 facts above to gauge the trustworthiness of a file if you have been facing any difficulties with this executable file.
It is very crucial to determine the genuineness of the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe file before deleting or leaving it.
Use the steps above to find this process in Task Manager. Check its location as we said, (it should be in :\Program Files\Aimersoft\Video Converter Ultimate\). Compare the size and other facts that I have listed above with those that the file has.
Comparing these facts will help you to figure out any suspicious facts easily. If you suspect that you may be infected with a virus, you must attempt to fix it immediately. The best way is usually to delete it completely from the system. To do this, you will have to download and install a full security application like Malwarebytes.
I have specifically listed the above tool because if you use other tools, you might not be able to remove it. Not all tools on the web can detect every type of malware. If you want to use other tools, you may need to try several options before getting the best for the job.
You might also encounter several challenges when trying to remove this file because the Compact.exe virus’s functionality may affect the deletion process.
For that case, you should enable Safe Mode with Networking. Working in a secure environment like this will disable most processes that could be interfering with the removal process. Only the most required services and drivers will be loaded.
Once everything is set, you can now go ahead and run a security program and a complete system analysis.
Purpose of ASHelper.exe:
The Aimersoft Helper file is used to carry out several tasks on your computer. Some of these tasks it is supposed to do are:
- Conversion of video/audio to almost any form
- Opening for DVDs to play anywhere.
- It helps to burn videos in countless formats for DVDs.
- Downloads and record online video by a single click.
- Eliminates DRM (Digital Rights Management) from M4V, M4P, etc.…
Aimersoft helper compact.exe Properties:
When dealing with .exe files and more so when you want to find out if they are safe or not, it is usually wise to find out some of its properties. Such things will help you to narrow down the usefulness of a file. For those of you who have been wondering what that Compact.exe file is doing on your PC and those of you, who want to remove it, before you do, make sure to cross-check its properties with the following:
|Product||Aimersoft Helper Compact|
|Directory||%PROGRAMFILES%\Aimersoft\Video Converter Ultimate|
Apart from looking at the above properties, you should also check out its support information. These checks are important, even if they are many. They will keep you informed, and they will help you to make sound and concrete decisions.
That said, look out for the following support information.
Can I remove or delete Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe?
If you skipped to this section, it would be good to read all of the above information because it will help you to figure out if you should remove it.
Now that we have seen how to determine the genuineness of this file, the question that pops up is whether you should delete Compact.exe executable file or not.
It is always advisable that you should not remove an executable file from your PC without a valid reason. Doing this can affect the performance of any associated program that uses that particular file. Only remove a file if it is not safe.
Well, according to various reports, it has been noted that 3% of computer users tend to remove this file, so it may be harmless. Even though they want the best for their machines, you should run trustworthiness checks on the Aimersoft Helper executable file first to determine if it is safe or a virus. Don’t just remove it because people are saying it should be removed. Sometimes following the wind might not be the best way to go.
You can make a diagnosis of this particular file using the Reimage tool. This will is able to classify this file as malicious or not. The Reimage app will as well help you to delete compact.exe and get rid of the associated malware.
How to remove or delete Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe
If this file is not a virus and you need to delete Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe, then you can uninstall Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 188.8.131.52 from your computer using its uninstaller, which should be located at: “C:\Program Files\Aimersoft\Video Converter Ultimate\unins000.exe”.
If you cannot find it’s an uninstaller, then you may need to uninstall Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 184.108.40.206 to completely delete Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe. You can use the Add/Remove Program function in the Windows Control Panel.
To do this, use the Add/Remove Program function in the Windows Control Panel as below:
- Hit Windows Key + Q to open a search box.
- Type Control Panel, and then click on the first option to open the control panel window.
- Under Programs, for Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall a Program and for Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Browse through the programs listed and then locate the program Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 220.127.116.11.
- Now click it, and then if you are using Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall and for those of you using Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to remove Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 18.104.22.168.
- Restart your computer and check if you were able to remove the Aimersoft executable fie.
Common Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe error messages
If the Compact.exe file is not genuine, you will run into several errors on your PC. We found out that the error will pop out depending on the brand of PC you are using. Also, the process you were performing before the error occurred could trigger one of the error messages listed below.
The most common Compact.exe errors that can appear are:
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe Application Error.
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe failed.
- Cannot find Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe.
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe is not running.
- Error starting program: Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe.
- Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe not found.
- Faulting Application Path: Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe.
When do these error messages occur?
Well, the above .exe error messages can pop up when you are installing a particular program. There are cases where users had reported this issue when they were executing or running associate software programs that depend on the Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe.
Also, during the startup or shutdown of Windows, or even during the Windows operating system installation, one of the above errors can show up.
It is very important to keep a record of when and where your Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe error occurs. This information will be useful when it comes to troubleshooting.
How to fix Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe
If your computer is well maintained and clean, then that is one of the best ways you can adopt to avoid any future problems with Helper Compact.exe.
What I mean is that you should often run malware scans and clean your hard disk using cleanmgr and sfc /scannow. Also, you should always remove or uninstall programs and applications that you no longer need. Some programs are just on your PC to fill up space and cause problems. Therefore, always monitor any auto-start programs (with msconfig). Additionally, enable automatic Windows updates. This is very helpful as Windows updates do come with bug fixes that can just handle some rampant issues.
While you do all of the above, it is also important that you make regular backups or at least define recovery points.
Remembering the last thing you did or the last thing you installed before the problem is important when it comes to .exe files.
The resmon command can be used to identify some of the processes that are causing your problem.
You might find the problem to be very serious and canning such that you are convinced o to reinstall Windows, my advice is to try to repair your installation instead of doing a complete reinstallation.
You can repair Windows 8 by executing the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. This allows you to repair the operating system without data loss.
The Security Task Manager can help you analyze the Helper Compact.exe process on your computer. It is such a reliable software since it displays all Windows tasks running, including built-in hidden processes such as the keyboard and browser monitoring or auto-start entries. A single security risk rating indicates the probability that it is spyware, malware, or a potential Trojan horse. This anti-virus detects and removes spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware, and trackers from your hard disk.
Method 1: Use cleanmgr
As mentioned above, your Operating system may slow down because of the overloading of processes.
In this case, you can take advantage of the Disk Cleanup tool, which will help you fix any errors associated with this executable file in no time.
Here is what you should do:
- Hit the Windows key +Q. This command will open the search box.
- Type the word cmd in the search box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously in order for it to run.
- Grant the administrator privileges when prompted
- After the CMD window/terminal opens, type in this command cleanmgr.
- Now press the enter key on the keyboard in order to initiate the clean process.
The error message should now be fixed.
Method 2: Use sfc/scannow
When you install an operating system on your PC, it will install an inbuilt system application which you can always use to find any bugs and errors on your PC.
The System File Checker (sfc) is one of those apps that you can use in Windows to scan for bugs.
To fix any errors associated with the Compact.exe, simply follow the steps that are described below. This should work with the latest version of Windows that: Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Start by pressing Windows + Q keys on your keyboard in order to fire up the windows search box.
- In the search box type CMD and then simultaneously press of the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.
- Click on yes button in order to grant admin permissions for you to open the Command Prompt terminal
- Now, type this command sfc/scannow into the command prompt window and then press the Enter key.
- Be patient for the process to finish and then proceed with the task that triggered the error and see if it is fixed.
Method 3: Use MSConfig
If you don’t know what the Msconfig command means, then don’t worry. It is nothing that can harm your PC or files.
What it means in less technical terms is that it is the Microsoft System Configuration Utility that you can use to solve problems regarding any issue.
In order to have only the most important and crucial Windows drivers, you can follow the given steps:
- Hit the Windows key + R on your keyboard in order to open the Run dialogue box
- In the text field, type in the word CMD and then click OK or hit the Enter button.
- The above steps will open the Command Prompt terminal. Now you need to type in this command msconfig
- Afterward, press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on yes if you are asked for administrator permissions.
- Be patient and wait for the entire process to complete then text to see if the error associated with the Compact.exe file is fixed.
Download or reinstall Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe
It is not recommended to download replacement exe files from any download sites, as these may themselves contain viruses etc. If you need to download or reinstall Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe, then we recommend that you reinstall the main application associated with it, Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate 22.214.171.124.
Operating system information
Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe errors can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, and Windows 2000.
How to remove Aimersoft Helper Compact on Mac
For those of you who have been facing problems with this file on Mac computers, here is the ideal fix.
To remove Aimersoft Video Converter, all Library Files, Cached, and Priorities, follow the steps below. These steps are different from how you usually remove other files from your Macbook.
- First of all, go to Finder and select Go Menu.
- In the pop-up window that appears, type the path as, ~/Library and then hit the GO button.
- Now find the below items which having Aimersoft Video Converter files and Remove it.
- Finally, place your cursor over the files, right-click on it and choose Move to Trash option. That’s all you are to do.
Now you understand this file pretty well. You have seen how useful it is, and all the worries you had at the beginning are gone.
If you still need Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe, then it is fine, go with it. If not, then it is a waste of files that occupies some disk space. It may somehow be installed without your knowledge sometimes. Use good cleaner software to clean the unwanted files.