WhatsApp has turned out to be a popular app and has emerged to be one of the most used apps ever developed. The app has become useful, such that its developers have gone ahead to design its versions for Windows and macOS. The demand has risen, and now users want to use WhatsApp without number. However, the question is, is it possible?
Well, there is only one way to find out.
Want to know what it is?
Keep on reading, and I believe you will find useful information regarding the same.
Here is what users have been asking in groups and forums:
- “How to verify WhatsApp without code?
- I want to use WhatsApp without a phone number, but I can’t find any solution! How do I go about it?”
If you have been using WhatsApp for quite some time, you already know how strict the app can be.
For example, you cannot have two WhatsApp accounts registered with the same mobile number. If you wish to use WhatsApp, then you got to register using a working phone number and verify it.
But there is some good news.
Even though this application tends to be strict on users, there are some loopholes in the entire registration process, and we can take advantage of it and be able to use WhatsApp without a phone.
I know you think that I have written the above statement by mistake.
You have read it right! There is nothing wrong with it. If you want to use WhatsApp without a phone number, you can do so; it is possible for you to get access to WhatsApp without a phone or even sharing your number.
If you think it is impossible, then I dare you to keep reading and learn how to use WhatsApp without number on your own!
Can you use WhatsApp without a Phone?
Several readers have also raised this question, and I thought it would be wise to include it in this post.
Yes, you can use WhatsApp without a phone. However, you must use a PC. It doesn’t matter which operating system you are using. Be it Windows or macOS. See this article for ways on how you can do this.
Before I show you how you can use WhatsApp without a phone, there are several things that you should know.
For you to be able to use the WhatsApp Messenger application on your Android phone, iOS, or Windows Phone, you will first be required to install the app itself on a working device. The device should have a stable internet connection.
Usually, when setting up and configuring your WhatsApp account, you will be asked to input your phone number. Afterward, a one-time verification code generated by WhatsApp will be sent to that particular phone number you’ve provided.
Not this part is the most important. It is the exact stage where you need to be careful if you wish to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
When you are asked to enter your phone number, don’t provide them with your real number. Instead, what you should do is to submit a number or even get a virtual number.
If you do this, you will be able to access WhatsApp without providing your real personal phone number. But that’s not all you to be done. I have listed all the techniques in the next section.
How to Use WhatsApp without a Phone Number?
There are two ways that you can implement in order to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
The first method is to try the landline way. By this, you will be linking WhatsApp to a landline (fixed line) number. The other method is to use a temporarily generated number.
Let’s dive right in.
Method 1: Link WhatsApp with a Landline Number
This method is the easiest solution to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
We will be entering a working number for WhatsApp to link to those of you who have landlines. The idea behind this is that the number we are using is not a personal mobile number.
Here’s how to use WhatsApp without code or SMS verification.
- To start with, download and install the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Open it and start the initial setup. For those of you who already have a WhatsApp account activated on the mobile device or PC, you will first need to delete it and then reinstall it.
Before you go ahead and uninstall your WhatsApp, we recommend that you back up your WhatsApp to the computer first.
- Next, open the app and instead of providing a personal mobile number, just key in the fixed landline digits with the country and state code. When you see the options to verify the number, do choose to verify using the SMS method. Just select the option to call on the number to verify it, and then tap on it to continue.
- You can also use the SMS verification method, but you will have to wait for a while. Often, this process fails to deliver the verification code to your fixed number. When it fails, WhatsApp will suggest to call the number and pronounce the verification code to you.
- Wait for a while until you get a call on your landline number, delivering the verification code. Once you verify the account, that will be it!
- Now you can just enter the recently received code, authenticate the number, and start using WhatsApp.
Method 2: Using a Temporary or Virtual Number
I prefer this method because it is a perfect solution to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
This is also the best method for those of you who don’t have a landline.
To perfectly get through this, we will have to make use of the assistance of a temporary or a virtual number to authenticate our WhatsApp account.
Out of all the third-party apps we have reviewed, TextNow is the reliable app that we found to be working well on both Android and iPhone.
Below is how to use WhatsApp without number using TextNow.
- Download the TextNow application on your Android or iOS device from the link above.
- Install the application, and once the installation process is complete, launch it.
- When you run or open the app, it will ask for your area code. Please provide the exact area code, and the app will generate five options for you to pick from. From th five options, select a number from here and complete the setup.
- Once you have a virtual number with you, download and install WhatsApp on your phone.
- In the phone number text box, don’t enter your phone number; instead, enter the temporary number that has been generated by TextNow.
- Wait for a while for the SMS verification to be canceled and choose to call the number instead.
- Make sure that the TextNow app is running in the background. If you had closed it, launch it immediately so that you can receive the call.
- If the app is running, you will get an authentication call on your TextNow number, stating the WhatsApp verification code.
- Once you have the verification code for your virtual number, you can launch WhatsApp and complete the initial setup.
These two methods should get you going, and you can now be able to use WhatsApp without having to activate it with your phone number.
Something else came out when I was testing and researching about using WhatsApp without number. People are asking if you can verify WhatsApp without the verification code.
How to Verify WhatsApp without Code?
Is this even possible?
I know that is the question that has come in your mind, and I like it that it has come to your attention. Let’s find out what I have in store for you.
Before we go even further, let me confirm to you that you can’t verify a WhatsApp number without code. This is for those readers who have been asking if it is possible to verify WhatsApp without a phone number.
Without an active phone number, you will not be able to activate it. However, if you don’t want to give your number, use one of the above methods to set up your WhatsApp account and get to use WhatsApp without number.
Whichever approach you decide to use, you will either get a one-time generated code by SMS or call that you need to enter key in and verify the account. I also recommend that you use the call me option for verification purposes. This is just to avoid any delays that might occur during this process.
Also, please note that the code you receive is only active for a while and works specifically for the entered number. It does not matter if you are using a virtual number or not. You will not get your account activated if you try to use someone else’s code as well.
How to Change WhatsApp Number without Verification?
Several reasons can push you to change your WhatsApp number. So, just like setting up an account on this app, changing your WhatsApp number is possible.
When doing this, there is no need to skip the verification process. However, you can enter any other temporary number to complete the process.
You can switch or change numbers on WhatsApp without sharing your number using the following instructions.
- Start by downloading and installing the TextNow app on your device if you had uninstalled it.
- Afterward, enter your area code so that you can get a virtual number listed from here.
- After you have the virtual number, launch WhatsApp, and go to its Settings.
- Afterward, tap on Accounts and then select Change number. This feature will allow you to switch your phone number.
- From the next window, Agree to the terms and conditions and enter your existing as well as the new phone number. The new phone number is the number that you just generated in the TextNow application. If you want to use your real phone number, you can key in your exact phone number.
- To proceed, you would get a message on the new number. Let the SMS verification fail and choose to get a call instead. Now, launch the TextNow app, accept the call, and use the shared verification code to change your number.
These instructions should help you change your WhatsApp account number without experiencing any difficulties.
How to Get a Free Virtual Number to use it on WhatsApp?
I had said earlier that you need a virtual number for you to be able to use WhatsApp without number. There are several ways you can use to get a virtual number.
Just as in the above procedures of how to activate WhatsApp without your number, we have taken the assistance of a virtual number.
For that case, we have made good use of the TextNow app to get a free virtual number while setting up your WhatsApp account.
However, there are cases that users have reported claiming that the app is not compatible with some mobile phones. That came out to be true after investigating the allegations.
Therefore I tested several apps, and I believe they should work well on your device. The two are an alternative replacement for TextNow.
One of the apps I tested is Google Voice. It is just another perfect option to try that can give you a free virtual number if you already have an active mobile number.
Apart from that, you can also try several other free alternatives like:
- Global Call Forwarding.
- USA Call Forwarding.
Most of these solutions work the same way. Just enter the preferred country/code and pick a suitable number from its lot to set up a new virtual number for call forwarding.
Well, there you go! I am pretty sure that after reading this article, you have succeeded in activating WhatsApp, and now you will be able to use WhatsApp without phone number registration.
I believe that you now understand the loophole I was talking about. In fact, as you can see, there two different ways to make the most of this WhatsApp loophole.
With just a virtual number, there are several other things that you can do. Remember, while you are doing all these, your privacy will be kept intact.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and try out some of these hacks, and don’t forget to share this guide with your friends and family. Teach them how to use WhatsApp without a number like a pro.