Some iPhone 8 users have complained that their mobiles devices does not turn on or is unresponsive. Though the reasons for this behavior can be different, the issue can be resolved easily in many cases. We will discuss the causes and the fixes for the unresponsive iPhone 8 that failed to turn on.
Causes of iPhone 8 Can’t Turn on Problem
Some of the causes of why iPhone 8 can’t turn on are listed below.
- Software glitches.
- Bad or broken charging unit or charging port.
- Power outlet problems.
- Battery problems.
- Hardware problems.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Can’t Turn On Problem?
iPhone 8 can’t turn on problems can be fixed by different methods. Some of the fixes are listed below.
Note: Make sure that the problem is not a screen or display-related issue, which is explained in some of the previously written articles on this website.
1. Change Charging Cable or Adapter
Sometimes, the charging cable or the adapter may be defective and prevent the battery from charging, thus causing turn on problems. To fix this issue, do the following.
- Get a new charging cable and adapter.
- Connect the iPhone 8 mobile to the charging unit and witch on the power supply.
- Charge the iPhone 8 mobile for around one hour or so.
- Check if the turn-on issue is fixed or not.
2. Charge Using a Computer or Laptop
If the mobile charging unit is problematic, by using a USB cable connected to a computer or laptop, the Apple iPhone 8 mobile device can be charged. This fixes the turn-on problems. This can be done as explained below.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the iPhone 8 mobile device and the other end to a computer or laptop.
- Switch on the computer or laptop.
- Wait for 60 minutes or so.
- Check if the iPhone 8 can be turned on now or not.
3. Charge for 60 Minutes
Sometimes, by charging the Apple iPhone 8 mobile device, the turning on problems can be avoided especially if the problem is caused by charging problems. Charging needs to be done as follows.
- Connect the Apple iPhone 8 mobile device to its charger unit.
- Connect the charger unit to the power socket.
- Now, switch on the power supply to the charger.
- Wait for around 60 minutes or so. If the charging icon is not displayed within this period, check and confirm that the USB cable, cable, jack, etc, are firmly connected.
- Check if the Apple iPhone mobile device can be turned on or not.
4. Use a Different Power Outlet
Rarely, the power supply from the outlet may not be working. There may be some loose contact or connection problems. To fix this issue, do the following.
- Connect the mobile device to the charging unit.
- Connect the charging unit to the power outlet, that is different from the one used earlier.
- Wait for around 60 minutes or so.
- Check if the mobile device can be turned on or not.
5. Force Restart
Force Restarting the iPhone 8 can fix the turn-on problems in many cases. Force restarting is explained below.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly the volume down button
- Then, press and hold down the side button on the iPhone 8 device until the Apple logo appears. This may take approximately 10 to 15 seconds.
- Check if the iPhone 8 turn on issue is fixed or not.
5. Device Firmware Update
Device Firmware Update (DFU) can fix the iPhone 8 turn on problems in many cases, especially those related to software bugs or glitches. The Device Firmware Update is explained below.
- Connect the iPhone 8 device to a computer or laptop with the latest version of the Apple iTunes app installed.
- Open the Apple iTunes app.
- You need to press and immediately release the Volume Up button, followed by pressing and immediately releasing the Volume Down button.
- Now, press and hold the side button, until the recovery-mode screen is displayed to you.
- Locate and select your device name.
- A menu with the following options will be displayed to you. The three menu options are “Cancel”, “Restore” or “Update”.
- Select “Update” from the menu options. Your computer or laptop will now reinstall the device software on the mobile device. It may take 15 minutes or so.
- Check if the Apple iPhone 8 mobile device can be turned on or not.
6. Contact Apple Support
If all the previously mentioned solutions failed to turn on your iPhone 8 mobile phone, the problem may be with the mobile device hardware or battery. Please follow the instructions given below to fix the issue.
- Take the Apple iPhone 8 mobile device to the nearest Apple store or Apple authorized service center.
- Let them fix the issue. They may charge you for this.
- Check if the iPhone 8 can be turned on or not.
Conclusion: iPhone 8 can’t turn on problems are reported by some users. There can be different reasons why iPhone 8 can’t be turned on. The reasons range from battery problems, mobile hardware problems, charging unit problems, minor software glitches, etc.
iPhone 8 can’t turn on problems can be fixed easily in a majority of the cases. Changing the charging cable and (or) adapter can fix the issue in many cases. Using a laptop or computer to charge the device also fixes the issue in some cases. By charging the iPhone 8 for an hour or so also fix the turn on issues in many cases. By using a different power outlet to charge the mobile device, iPhone 8 turn on problems can be avoided in some cases. Force restarting the mobile device is another fix to the turn-on problems with Apple iPhone 8. Device Firmware Update fixes the turn on problem son iPhone 8 in some cases.
If all the previous methods fail, it may be due to hardware or battery issues. You need to take the mobile iPhone 8 device to the nearest Apple Store or Apple-authorized service center to fix the issue.