Googledrivesync.exe is an executable program file that is developed by Google Inc. This executable file is part of the Google+ Auto Backup program. At times, this file gets infected with malware.
What is Google+ Auto Backup Program?
Google Auto Backup program was a free software program to save your photos and videos to the cloud storage media.
This program is unavailable now and an updated program is now offered free as part of Google drive. Even Google+ was shut down on April 2nd, 2019 and is available only for the G Suite accounts through school or work.
Common Googledrivesync.exe Error Messages
Some of the most common googledrivesync.exe errors are listed below.
- “googledrivesync.exe not found.”
- “googledrivesync.exe Application Error.”
- “Cannot find googledrivesync.exe.”
- “googledrivesync.exe is not running.”
- “googledrivesync.exe failed.”
- “Faulting Application Path: googledrivesync.exe.”
- “googledrivesync.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “googledrivesync.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “Error starting program: googledrivesync.exe.”
Is Googledrivesync.exe Safe or a Virus?
The answer to this question depends on many factors like the location of the file, the name of the publisher, and the size of the executable file. The file should normally be located inside the folder C:\Program Files\google\google+ auto backup\runtime and the Publisher name should be Google Inc. This software program is normally of the size of 922 KB, in most Windows installations.
If the Googledrivesync.exe file details are the same as that is given in the previous paragraph, the file should be a safe file. Still, it is a good idea to confirm if the file is indeed safe or is malware affected. This can be done by any of the methods described below.
1. Using an Antivirus Program
By using an antivirus program, you can check malware issues. The procedure to use an antivirus program for malware checking is explained below.
- Install a reliable antivirus program, if not done earlier.
- Click on the antivirus program shortcut or its name from the program menu.
- Click “Scan for Virus” or any similar menu option. (Menu options can vary across different antivirus applications.)
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Check if the googledrivesync.exe file is a safe file or malware-infected.
2. By Clean Booting
Clean Booting the windows machines is one method to confirm the malware presence. Clean booting can be done as follows.
- Press Windows and R keys at the same time.
- Type “msconfig” (without the quotes) into the box.
- Click “OK” and then on the “Services” tab.
- Check “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
- Click the “Disable all” button.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista or other older Windows versions, proceed to step 8.
- Click on the “Startup” tab. Then click the “Open Task Manager”. The “Enabled” process should be changed to “Disabled” ones, by clicking on the process name and then clicking the “Disable” button at the bottom portion. Before you disable any process, take note of the process name. Repeat this for all the “Enabled” processes. Close the window and click on the “Apply” button and then the “OK” button.
- Windows Vista or Windows 7 users should click on the “General” tab and then on “Selective startup”. Uncheck“Load startup items”. Close the window and click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
- Restart the computer or laptop.
- Malware will not be an issue now. But, it will be still residing as part of any executable files. Such executable files are not loaded while clean booting. You need to fix the malware issue by any of the methods explained below.
How to Delete or Fix Googledrivesync.exe?
Do not delete any executable file, as there may be dependent files for the executable file. Googledrivesync.exe is also got dependent files. If you need to delete this executable file, it is advisable to uninstall the Google+ Auto Backup program to which the file belongs to. This removes the executable file and its dependent files if any.
1. Antivirus Program
You can use any antivirus software program to remove or fix the malware issues. This can be done as explained below.
- Refer to “Using an Antivirus Program” subheading, in this article.
- Follow the instructions and fix the malware issues.
- Check if the malware issue is resolved or it still exists.
2. Fixing the Malware After Clean Booting
Clean booting the windows machines helps to boot without any malware issues. You can then remove the malware. This is to be done as follows.
- Follow the instructions (step 1 to step 10) given under the subheading “By Clean Booting” in this article.
- Enable all services and programs that were disabled while clean booting. Restart your computer or laptop after each service or program is “Enabled”. Check for any malware problems and update the files with the latest ones from the manufacturer’s web site, if any malware issues are found
- All the services and programs that were disabled need to be “Enabled” as explained in the previous step.
- Check if the malware problem is fixed or not.
3. Uninstall Google+ Auto Backup Program
Google Auto Backup program needs to be uninstalled to fix the malware issue in some cases. This can be done as follows.
- Type “Add or remove programs” into the search box inside the taskbar.
- Click on “Add or remove programs”.
- Click on the program with the name, Google+ Auto Backup.
- Now, click “Uninstall”. You again need to click the “Uninstall” button to confirm.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the program from your computer or laptop.
- Check is the malware issue is resolved or not.
Conclusion: Googledrivesync.exe file is an executable file that part of the “Google+ Auto Backup” program. Sometimes, this file gets infected with malware. This needs to be checked and fixed immediately.
Malware problems can be checked and confirmed by using an antivirus program or by going in for a clean booting of the computer of the laptop. Malware can be removed by different methods. Using an antivirus program is one such method. Updating the malware-infected files with fresh files after clean booting the system is another fix to resolve the malware issues. Uninstalling the Google+ Auto Backup application is another methods fix the malware issue in case the Googledrivesync.exe file is malware-infected.