Pubg is one of the most popular social games used by millions of users around the world. One problem many Pubg game players encounter is the “Network lag detected” error, which blocks the player from continue playing.
How to Fix Pubg Network Lag Detected?
You may try to tweak a few of your game settings and see if the network lag error is resolved. Enabling vSync may also resolve the error. Otherwise, follow any of the different methods to fix Pubg Network Lags given below.
1. Use a Fixed Line Connection
Wireless connection (Wi-Fi connection) is prone to the low-quality gaming experience and network lag errors. To avoid this do the following.
- Connect the device directly to the router or modem by a network cable.
- Play the games and check is the network lag error issue is resolved or not.
Note: Disable IPv4 and use 5 GHz wireless frequency if you are left with no other alternative than to use a Wi-Fi connection.
2. Firewall and Antivirus Application Settings
Firewall and antivirus applications cam cause network lag errors while playing the Pubg game. You need to allow PUBG to communicate through the firewall without any restrictions.
Also, make sure to whitelist the PUBG. If you are using VoIP while playing the Pubg game for chatting purposes, don’t forget to allow it to pass through the firewall.
This can be done as per the following steps.
- Type “firewall” into the search bar.
- Select “Allow an app through Windows Firewall“.
- Click on the “Change settings” button.
- Check both the “Private” and “Public” checkboxes.
- Click “OK”.
- Check if the network lag error is resolved or it still persists.
Note: You may also disable firewall and anti-virus software while playing any games. Remember, to enable the firewall and antivirus programs, after you finish playing the game.
3. Flush DNS Resolver Cache
Flushing the DNS resolver cache can resolve the network lag errors in a large number of cases. This can be done by the following procedure.
- Restart the router or modem by switching it off and then switching it on after a minute.
- Enter “Command Prompt” (without the quotation marks) into the search bar inside the taskbar.
- Select “Run as administrator”, from the right side pane.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key. A message “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver cache” is displayed to you.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key.
- Restart Pubg.
- Check if the Pubg Network Lag Detected error is still appearing or not.
4. Disable Background Applications
Some of the network hungry third-party background applications can also cause network lag errors. To avoid the issue, follow the steps given below to disable such apps.
- Search for VoIP applications, chat applications, updaters for third-party applications, video streaming services, cloud services, etc.
- Disable those applications while playing games like Pubg.
5. Check and Update Corrupted Game Files
If the “Network lag detected” error message appears for those who got the game from Steam, game files corruption may be the cause of the network lag error.
You can check for file errors in PUBG installation using the Steam client as follows.
- Open the Steam client application on your computer or laptop.
- Select “Library”.
- Right-click on “PUBG”.
- Go to “Properties”.
- Select the “Local files” tab.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files”.
- Once the integrity verification task is completed, restart the Steam client application and Pubg.
6. Reduce the monitor refresh rate
Reducing the refresh rate of the monitor from 144 Hz to 60 Hz can resolve the error in some cases. This can be done as follows.
- Right-click any free space on the desktop.
- Click on “Display settings”.
- Make sure that you are on the “Display” menu.
- Go to “Advanced display settings” at the bottom of the right-side panel.
- Click on “Display adapter properties for Display1”.
- Click on the “Monitor” tab.
- Change the value of the “Screen refresh rate” to 60 Hz.
- Click on “OK”.
- Restart the game again and check if the error is fixed or not.
7. VPN Problems
VPN can cause problems for some users. To resolve this, do the following.
- Select a reliable VPN service provider. Ask the service provider and confirm that it supports games like PubG. Change the VPN if required.
- Check if the error is resolved or not.
8. Update Pubg Using the Steam
Updating the game using the Steam can fix the network lag errors. This can be done as follows.
- The game automatically updates most of the time.
- If there are any problems while updating the Pubg game, go to the Steam app.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Select “Downloads”.
- Click on “clear the cache”.
- Get the latest PUBG client version of the application installed.
- Check if “Network lag detected” error is fixed or not.
9. Reinstall Pubg
As a last resort, you can reinstall the Pubg game to fix the error. This can be done as follows.
For Android Mobile Users
- If you are an Android mobile phone user, go to web site https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.ig&hl=en_IN.
- Click on “Install” to download and install the game.
- Check if the error is fixed or not.
For Apple iPhone or iPad Users
- If you are an Apple iPhone or iPad mobile device user, go to web site https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pubg-mobile/id1330123889.
- Download and install the game.
- Check if the error is fixed or not.
For Computer or Laptop Users
- Go to the web site https://gameloop.fun/game/fps/pubg-mobile-for-pc/index.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv9egzK3B4wIVjoBwCh2mYwVDEAAYASAAEgKIXPD_BwE.
- Click on “Download”.
- Click on “Save File”.
- Now, click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install it on your computer or laptop.
Conclusion: Pubg Network Lag error appears for some PubG game users. This can be fixed by different methods. Tweaking game settings or Enabling vSync help fix the error in some cases. Always use a fixed connection instead of a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection, while playing games like Pubg. Firewall and antivirus applications can cause network lag error. You may disable the antivirus or firewall in such cases. Flushing the DNS resolver cache can fix the issue in a large number of cases. Disabling network-hungry third-party background applications is another solution to avoid network lag error.
Checking and Updating corrupted Game Files also help fix the issue with the network error. Reducing the monitor refresh rate also helps to fix the network lag error in some cases. VPS can also cause problems for the PubG game. Selecting a reliable VPN is the solution to this issue. Update Pubg Using the Steam is another fix. Resinstallig Pubg is the last resort to fix network lag error. The procedure to reinstall the PubG game on Android, iPhone, iPad, computer or laptop is explained in this article