Are you on a journey to make some extra money to supplement your income? Look no further. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you may find yourself in a quagmire on the best way to make ends meet while saving yourself some money. This write-up highlights some of the best weekend jobs to get you started.
Of the money-making jobs listed in this article, some may require you to be a virtual assistant, do freelancing, or work as a part-time employee. Incorporating these opportunities in your daily activities will come in handy towards helping you achieve a sense of financial freedom.
1. Share Your Opinion
Engaging in online surveys is one of the leading ways in which you can make yourself money.
- No need for any specific skills
- Efficient and flexible
Working on surveys isn’t a get rich quick scheme; hence, you can opt for a different side hustle in the list. With technology having taken the world at a neck-breaking speed, more websites are coming up, with the essence of helping people earn an extra coin. Some of the leading ones include:
- Survey Junkie
- Vindale Research ($1 sign up bonus)
- MyPoints ($10 signup bonus)
- Swagbucks ($5 signup bonus)
Online surveys pros
- A quick way to start making some extra money
- A variety of websites offer survey jobs
- You don’t require any skills
- Working is within your schedule
Online surveys cons
- Some sites don’t provide direct surveys you are eligible to work on.
- Low earning possibilities per hour.
2. Niche Website Creator
It’s a blog that you design to write on a particular subject. For instance, instead of having a website where you discuss pets, you can create one about dogs. A niche website has the edge over others because you can make money through affiliate marketing.
A majority of niche-based websites promote websites from Amazon.com. In most cases, content found on these sites includes “best of “lists and product reviews. You can go as far as crafting information on “Top 5 Sub –Zero Sleeping Bags” and Top 10 Four-Person Tents.
Top ranking specific niche websites do incorporate entertaining or informative articles to make the site versatile. For instance, you can write about “How to Pack for a Family Camping Trip” and “Top 10 National Parks for Camping”.
An advantage of starting a niche based website allows you to publish content within your preferred time.
Pros of creating niche websites
- Entirely flexible
- More work allows you to outsource
- Potential of long-term income
- You can blog on your most enjoyable topics
Cons of creating niche websites
- It takes up to 6 months before you can start making money
Do you know that blogging is one of the best ways you can make extra money? In case you are tied up at work or your business, then the weekends are also a time you can create content.
Publishing blog posts daily may be a daunting task. Hence, you can always spare time on weekends. For over ten years, my full-time income came from blogging. If you put aside the weekends for blogging, steer off the competitive niches to get rewarding results. Instead of writing about finance, give readers information on the importance of credit cards.
Writing on one topic allows you to stand out from your peers. This comes in handy, especially if you don’t have the luxury of time.
Pros of Blogging
- You can make money from a blog in many ways.
- It’s an unlimited income-generating adventure
- Creating content, you love
Cons of Blogging
- If you can only find time to write during the weekends, blogging on a specific niche might not be rewarding monetary wise.
During the first year, you won’t make good money.
Venturing into transcription is good as it allows you to source for work from various websites. Furthermore, you enjoy the flexibility as you can work within the most convenient times. A majority of transcription websites offer you the freedom to work within your availability, with only a few requiring few of your hours daily on the site to remain active.
Not all transcription jobs give you value for your time.
Pros of working as a transcriptionist
- Extremely flexible hours
- Instant money-making venture
- Plenty of work available
Cons of working as a transcriptionist
- Some jobs pay low wages
- A good match for people with excellent typing skills
5. Freelance Writer
If you love blogging while getting money at the same time, freelance writing is a fantastic fit. Tons of available opportunities involve writing for blogs and websites.
I would say, if you don’t have passive income, working as a freelance writer is the best way in which you can make yourself money on a weekly to monthly basis.
Moreover, with thousands of recurring gigs, blogs, and websites offer material you can research and write about all year long. You have enough on your table, looking for work every day isn’t necessary. If you are free on weekends only, you can write at least one to three articles.
Freelance writing gigs vary in pay. There are those with low fees, and there are also others that pay highly. Although there are deadlines, working around your schedule is possible.
Pros of Freelance Writing
- A quick way to make money
- Potential of good income
- A lot of opportunities
Cons of Freelance Writing
- Some jobs are low paying
- Potential of getting an income is low as compared to running your blog
6. Search Engine Evaluator
It’s possible to make money from evaluating search engine results. The flexibility this job offers is incomparable as you can work within your schedule.
The income potential is not very high. However, you can make yourself a little extra income with your free time — companies such as istoneSoft, Lionbridge, and Appen hire search engine evaluators.
Pros of a search engine evaluator job
- Easy way to make quick money
- Freedom to work from home within your schedule
Cons of a search engine evaluator job
- Income potential is not as high as other available opportunities in this article.
- To be paid, you must be hired by a company.
7. Website Tester
Many organizations require feedback regarding the use of their websites. You can get money through sharing your comments on their website.
Signing up on websites like UserTesting, Userfeel, and WhatUsersDo gives you the eligibility to do the tests and earn $5 – 60 from each test. Apart from the flexibility, it’s one of the best opportunities to make good money at your extra time. However, if you plan to work during the weekends only, you might end up not making enough money.
Pros of working as a website tester
- Flexibility allows you to work from home.
- You can make money quickly.
Cons of working as a website tester
- You earn depending on the number of available tests
8. Web Designer
A large number of organizations and businesses require a website or an improvement to their already existing site. Having the skill to design websites allows you to get clients who can pay you during your free time.
Doing it on a part-time basis only allows you to work with small businesses with a low budget. The good thing is that you can still make some money.
That’s not all. You can create a website without coding. WordPress offers a significant number of themes and plugins you can use to personalize layouts and designs. I prefer (Divi from Elegant Themes).
In addition, a one time client may turn out to be a source of long-time income through providing services such as package maintenance. Most small business owners need to have their website updated, yet they don’t have time for it.
Pros of working as a web designer
- You don’t require coding
- Making good money with your first client
- Potential for earning good money
- Many prospective clients
Cons of working as a web designer
- To build your portfolio, you need to do some free work
- Working on weekends alone limits you to smaller jobs
9. Graphic Designer
Being a graphic designer gives you immense opportunities. You can work on big projects such as designing logos, social media graphics, label design, product packaging, and so much more. Same as web design, if you work on weekends alone, you will likely land small projects with limited income.
To kick start your job, you can use job boards like Freelancer.com or Upwork. However, the best way is to build a portfolio and get clients directly.
Pros of working as a graphic designer
- Ability to make good money
- Availability of work.
- Once you land the first client, you start making money.
Cons of working as a graphic designer
- Working on weekends alone gives you limited opportunities.
- Gigs from sites such as Upwork and Fiverr are low paying with stiff competition for the available work.
Photography as either a hobby or a fulltime job can make you some income. In case you have a busy weekday schedule, the weekend has an endless number of activities in need of photography services. Some of the options for weekend warriors include:
Wedding photography- if you want to make money during the weekend, then it’s a lucrative business. Moreover, most weddings happen on weekends. However, apart from being a job, you shouldn’t take it up unless you are passionate about it. Photography needs dedication, and it may end up being stressful.
Taking portraits, It ranges from couples portraits, newborns, kids, family, seniors, maternity, and all types of available pictures. You may get started by talking to close people, such as co-workers, family, and friends. Many individuals love taking photos from time-to-time. Finding a few people is seamless.
One best thing that has happened to humanity in the digital edge is social media platforms. Use a few of the extra hours on weekends taking photos and putting them up on your Twitter, Instagram, or your Facebook page.
Pros of working as a photographer
- Prospective clients are within your network
- Instant money upon landing the first customer
- Great income potential
Cons of working as a photographer
- Highly demanding especially as a wedding photographer
As aforementioned, online surveys, offer you both the luxury of time and some income. Another great way of working at the comfort of your time is as a tasker. For example, on Amazon, Mechanical Turk provides a wide array of tasks you can perform during your spare time, like taking short surveys, moderating content, and categorizing data. Other websites, such as Figure Eight and Clickworker, have the same jobs.
Upon completion of registration on Mechanical Turk, or any of the mentioned sites, you can start working on any task in your free time. Most jobs are short and only require a short time to complete.
Working as a tasker only offers the flexibility of time. Income wise, you only make a little money to supplement your other source f income. The better advice is to consider other high generating money jobs on this list.
Pros of working as a tasker
- Instant moneymaking side job
- Anyone can work on the available tasks
- Work in your free time.
Cons of working as a tasker
- Low paying gigs
12. Customer Service Representative (Virtual Assistant)
Most companies are looking for customer service representatives who can work within the comfort of their homes. You can offer services through online chat, email, or phone. Depending on the job you are undertaking, the details may be different. In other instances, you may be required to work on weekends alone.
Pros of working as a customer care rep from home
- Work from the comfort of your home
- As compared to starting your own business, you get paid for your time.
Cons of working as a customer care rep from home
- A limited number of available jobs
13. Rideshare Driver
Working as a driver for Lyft or Uber is a flexible side job that allows you to make extra income on weekends or during your free time. Apart from being rewarding, it offers you the flexibility of time. There’s no other better time to work as a driver than weekends. Most people are not working, and many events are happening on Saturdays and Sundays.
Pros of working as a Rideshare driver
- A quick way to make money
- Working on weekends alone gives you good money
- Offers a flexible schedule
Cons of Being a Rideshare driver
- Car wear and tear
- Maintaining the car and gas reduces the money you make on each trip
14. Delivery Driver
Another great way to make money is by working as a delivery driver. You can work on apps like Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, and Door Dash. You can also work as a driver for a local restaurant. During weekends, most people eat out, hence, finding a delivery job is a walk in the park.
Pros of working as a delivery driver
- Unlike rideshare, you do not carry people in your car.
- Making money is quick
- Flexible schedule
- The weekends are perfect for making money.
Cons of working as a delivery driver
- Car wear and tear
- Maintaining a car and gas substantially reduces the amount of money you make.
The gig economy has opened immense opportunities enabling people to make extra income on weekends. Working as a waiter in a restaurant is nothing new, and most people indulge in it as a part-time job.
On weekends, restaurants are bustling meaning you can make a good income from tips. During the weekends, especially in the evenings, you will make enough money.
Pros of working as a server
- Making money is quick
- Good income possibility
- Availability of work
Cons of working as a server
- To generate more income, you need to work on Friday and Saturday evening
- Engaging a lot of people
16. Dishwasher or cook
During weekends, restaurants need an extra hand to help attend to a large number of people. I remember back in college, I worked as a kitchen helper and made a good amount of money, cleaning tables. Although I did not make much compared to those serving.
Restaurants hire cooks, dishwashers among any other posts to fill in on busy weekends.
Pros of working as a cook or dishwasher
- No dealing directly with customers
- Weekends are the best times to work on shifts
- Make money quickly
Cons of working as a cook or dishwasher
- Income is lower compared to that of a server
Like restaurants, bars get many clients on weekends. Aside from bars, most events happening over the weekend require bartender services. To work effectively, you need some experience. To improve your skills, you can apply for training to help with the basics.
Pros of working as a bartender
- Decent income during weekends
- You make money quickly
Cons of bartending
- Finding jobs is a bit tough
- You require knowledge or experience of making cocktails
18. Costumed character
It might come as a surprise. Do you know people are out there who can pay for costumed characters in kids birthday parties? If you have a way of entertaining others and having fun, this opportunity comes through towards making you some money.
Most parties and events happen on weekends, making it a perfect part-time job. You can try and find work on your won. If not, putting your profile on platforms like GigSalad will help attract clients.
Pros of working as a costumed character
- Utilize dramatic and entertaining skills to full potential
- Most events happen on weekends
Cons of working as a costumed character
- Limitation of income depending on the number of gigs you get
19. Disc Jockey (DJ) or Musician
On weekends, you can work as a musician or disc jockey to make some money. Places of entertainment offer karaoke services, and you can sing and get paid. Wedding and parties are happening where the services mentioned above are needed. Apart from showcasing your skills, you also make money.
Working as a DJ requires you to invest in equipment. It’s a legit business with good profits. According to weddingwire.com, a wedding DJ is paid about $1,000, an excellent way to make money on weekends.
Pros of working as a DJ or musician
- Most events happen on weekends
- Working during weekends is fun
- Once you land your first customer, you start making money
- Great income potential
Cons of working as a musician or DJ
- To find clients, you need to market your services
- You require having the equipment, which you can hire or buy.
- Skills are necessary.
20. Event Staff
In this write-up, we have mentioned some of the side hustles that can help earn an extra income. Events happening on weekends also offer other opportunities such as bouncer, food vendor, or ticket taker. You can go further and look for jobs with theaters, concert venues, college athletic departments, and professional sports teams.
Pros of working as event staff
- Most jobs pay per event or hourly; hence, you get value for your money
- A plethora of opportunities, especially in urban areas.
Cons of working
- Seasonal jobs especially when working with a sports team
Most events offer job opportunities for working as a parking attendant or valet. Apart from events, restaurant and hotel businesses having a busy weekend also have such openings. The hourly rate for working as a valet isn’t a lot; instead, you can make more from tips.
Pros of working as a valet
- Make money quickly; immediately you start working
- You are paid for services rendered
- Immense opportunities on weekends
Cons of working as a valet
- Work is available mostly on weekends and holidays
22. Tour Guide
If you love engaging with people, working as a tour guide is an excellent way to earn some money. There are immense possibilities. From historical sites to cities, getting a tour guide job is easy.
You can also go ahead and offer tour guide services by creating your own company. Websites such as Tours by Locals, Withlocals, and Vayable help you create your private tour firm and or experiences that you can provide to travelers.
Pros of working as a tour guide
- You make money quickly more so when working with a well-established company.
- Entertain travelers and tourists
- Various opportunities are available (you can work for a company, or start your venture)
Cons of working as a tour guide
- Depending on your location, opportunities may be limited
- You don’t get work daily, especially during the low seasons.
Travel and tourism is one industry that offers a variety of opportunities and working either as a cook or host can make you money. Some sites allow you to make a profile so travelers can easily find you.
At BonAppetour, you can provide cooking classes, food tours, and dining experiences. Eatwith allows you to host people at your home or another location and create your own dining experience. At Feastly, you offer your personal dining experience.
Pros of working as a host/cook
- Your existing cooking skills make you money
- You earn money by entertaining travelers
Cons of working as a host/cook
- Low seasons offer limited work
- You only make money by people booking your experience
Working as a caterer is another excellent way to make money. With so many events in need of caterers over the weekends, opportunities are endless. You can get a job working as a caterer or start your own business.
Pros of catering business
- Great income potential
- Generate income from existing cooking skills
- There are many opportunities with various events happening on weekends
Cons of starting a catering business
- You need time to get enough clients who will help you start a business
25. Self-Published Author
Do you love writing? Self-publishing is a skill can make you money. On weekends, you can write books and sell them without a publisher’s services. The best way to go about this is by selling books on Amazon.com.
Most people who take writing as a hobby are making money through self-published ebooks. You can decide on a non-fiction or fiction genre. The possibility it avails is endless.
Although Amazon is the most accessible site for self-publishing, it’s not the only place. There’s also have kindle. Additionally, you can sell a book using your website through SendOwl. Lulu or Blurb also helps with the self-publishing of physical books.
Pros of self-publishing
- Amazon, as a platform, offers a broad audience for prospective clients.
- Great income potential
- You make money through your writing hobby
Cons of self-publishing
- Despite Amazon having a broad audience, you require substantial marketing for your books to move.
- Unless a purchase is made on the books, you won’t make money
- It takes time before starting to make money.
Working as a babysitter is one job that will exist forever. You can work as one in the evenings, during the day or on weekends. Weekends are best for making more money since parents are busy and will always require the services of a babysitter.
If you like hanging out with small children, babysitting is the best way to make extra money very quickly. Chances are you already know parents within your network in need of these services from time to time. To make your babysitting services known, create a profile on Care.com.
Payscale estimates an average babysitter of earning around $10.22 per hour. Although not the highest paying weekend job as compared to others on the list, it’s not a bad way to make money on the weekend.
Pros of working as a babysitter
- Start earning money instantly
- The best weekend job.
Cons of working as a babysitter
- You may be limited for a few hours, and end up not making enough depending on your financial objective for taking up the job.
27. Pet Sitter
Another good weekend side hustle involves pet sitting. You can have pets stay over at your house, for people traveling on weekends or during the holidays.
Rover helps you put up a profile to showcase your services. This way, pet owners can quickly locate you and give you a job. Another option is offering to walk the pets if you want to earn more.
Pros of working as a pet sitter
- Offering to walk pets increases your income.
- Most pets are not needy; hence, not much work is involved taking care of them.
- Rover helps you find customers while promoting your services.
Cons of working as a pet sitter
- You require a place suitable for pets
- Not everyone is comfortable having additional pets in their homes
28. House Sitter
To break the monotony of the busy week, most people travel during weekends, to relax or for adventure. Getting a house sitting job gives you the opportunity to have a different place, where you can stay free. Furthermore, you only run a few errands while earning some money.
Pros of working as a house sitter
- You get a free place to stay
- There aren’t a lot of chores
Cons of working as a house sitter
- Your location may limit the available paying opportunities.
- Some jobs pay you little because they are providing a place to stay
29. Electric Scooter Charger
If you reside in an urban area or city, this is one of the best opportunities to make quick money. Companies such as Bird and Lime offer rental electric scooters, which need to be charged when not in use. Charging the bikes get you paid.
It’s one job that offers excellent earning opportunities. To earn more money, you may opt carrying all scooters without charge to your home and charge them. There are individuals making thousands of dollars every month doing this job. However, working on the weekend alone will not give you a lot of money, but the flexibility it offers is at another level. Furthermore, the position requires little effort.
Pros of charging electric scooters
- Skills and experience isn’t a necessity
- You get the chance to make a high income
- Simple task
Cons of charging an electric scooter
- In some locations, you may not get regular work
- It’s a job opportunity only limited to a few cities.
30. Furniture Flipper
There is no other day that gives you the freedom to shop at thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales like the weekends. You can come across some beautiful used furniture at relatively low prices, refurbish it, and sell it at a reasonable price.
When it comes to flipping, furniture is the best because you can enhance the material with some varnish or paint. Putting in some little work offers you a completely new finishing. Once you’re done, selling the item makes you a good good profit as compared to the buying price.
Looking at the right places will help you collect used furniture of good quality. YouTube offers a myriad of videos that show you how to paint and make wood look good. It will take a few of your hours to have a complete touch up with a nice feel. You can then sell it on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or various selling apps on the internet.
Pros of flipping furniture
- Learning the skills is possible
- Start to make money quickly
- Profitable with good income
- Because most yard sales happen on the weekend, it’s a good weekend job.
Cons of flipping furniture
- You require to purchase excellent furniture at a low price so that after flipping, you can sell and make a good profit.
Working as a handyman is a good job that you can undertake on weekends to make good money. The available services you can offer include fixing things around the house, installing light fixtures, removing wallpaper, painting, and other odd jobs.
In most cases, there are a few people you know or those you may get referrals, that need a handyman. It makes getting clients seamless. You may also post on Craigslist or sign up on sites like Jiffy and Handy for jobs.
ZipRecruiter puts $18 per hour as the average amount a handyman earns. Getting jobs through their site enables you to make up to $45 per hour.
Pros of working as a repairperson
- Once you get a job, making money is instant
- There are many people in need of these services
- Many household jobs require the skills of a handyman.
- Decent income potential
Cons of working as a handyman
- Experience and skills are necessary
- Working on weekends alone limits the number of jobs you get
With so many youth and recreational sports, holding leagues on weekends, there are many opportunities to get money working as a referee. Some leagues require you to be licensed before they can give you a job. However, it does not apply to all matches.
Pros of working as a referee
- Most games are played over the weekend
- You’re paid per game, making the hourly rates suitable.
- You get money by being part of your favorite sports.
Cons of working as a referee
- Work is available only when there are leagues.
- Lack of certification makes you get limited opportunities
- Fans yell at you when games are ongoing.
Possibly the most unique and exciting opportunity in this article is making money by simply being a friend. To start, you can create a profile on Rent a Friend, a website that allows you to get hired, spend time with people, and make money. It’s legal as people may be looking for a company when going for a party, lunch, sporting event, concert or even a walk.
The amount you make varies from several factors. According to Rent a Friend, people are making up to $2,000 a week working as a full-time friend. Working on weekends alone will limit the amount of money you make. At the same time, most people are looking for friends to hang out with during weekends.
Although some individuals are making good money by being a friend, getting rich with this approach is not visible. It can be a good side hustles to make some money.
Pros of working as a friend
- You may get the chance to indulge in various activities such as attending events, going to the movies without paying a dime.
- Weekends are the perfect time when you can offer your services.
- There is no work involved. You spend time with someone.
Cons of working as a friend
- Security will be of concern
- You only make money after a person sources for your services.
After looking at different ways, you can make money during the weekends, no need to sit back and wait. Instead, you need to dig into every available opportunity and find a good fit.