Are you breaking your head on how to find someone on Facebook without logging in to Facebook? Yes; it is possible to find out your old classmate or a friend or a ex-colleague on Facebook, without logging in. I will tell you the secrets to find out someone on Facebook without logging in.
Why do you need to Find Someone on Facebook without Logging in?
There are millions of internet users out there, who does not use Facebook or does not have a Facebook account at all. Some people does not like Facebook, as they think it compromises their privacy.
There were a few recent cases involving leakage of private data from companies like Facebook. This has forced many people to deactivate their Facebook accounts and take the pledge not to use it again.
At times, such people without an active Facebook account, may need to find details of someone on Facebook without logging in. Obviously, without a Facebook account one can not log in. They may be searching for the address or phone number or email id of an old schoolmate or a friend or a colleague or ex-colleague.
How to Find Someone on Facebook without Logging in to Facebook?
There are two methods to find out someone on Facebook, without logging into Facebook. Site specific search feature of search engines like Google and ‘find person feature’ of Facebook web site helps in this regard.
1. By Using a Search Engine like Google
There are site specific search features in search engines like Google. This feature allows you to search anything from a given web site.
I will explain to you how to use this feature to find out somebody whom you are looking for, without logging into Facebook or even without a user account in Facebook. The following is the complete guide to use “site specific search operator” in Google to “find someone” on Facebook.com.
- Open the home page of a search engine like Google. i.e. type google.com in your browser’s address bar and press enter.
- In the search box, type sitename:https://www.facebook.com “name”.
- Please replace “name” with the exact name of the person you are looking for. Without having the exact name (full name), the results may not match correctly.
- Press the Enter key or click on the search button.
- Google will show you the Facebook profile(s) of the person(s) which closely matches with the given name, in the results screen.
- Check each result. You are likely to find the person, if the given name was correct.
- If you can’t find the person, space out the first name and surname. eg. If you have first used “HenryPeter” as the name in step 2, try using “Henry Peter” as name.
- Remove the quotes around the name, if you still can’t find the right person you are looking for
- If you can not find out the details of the person even now, instead of the search command given in step 2, you can use site:https://www.facebook.com “name” in the search box. Then follow step 3-8.
- If you are still unsuccessful with the results, try the following. Instead of google.com, you can use country specific google search engine, if the person lives in any of those specific countries like google.cn (Google China), google.ca, (Google Canada), google.com.au (Google Australia), google.co.uk (Google United Kingdom), google.ie (Google Ireland), google.fr (Google France), google.co.in (Google India), google.co.il (Google Israel), etc. There are many other country specific Google search engines also. Many people are ignorant about country specific google search engines. If you want to see the full list of country specific Google search engines, go to this site.
- Repeat steps 2-9.
- If you are still not lucky to find the person, try the second method given below.
Does Facebook Privacy Settings Affects Google Search Results?
Yes; Facebook privacy setting values surely affect search results. If the value for “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile? ” is set to “No”, your Google site specific search will not not yield the desired results. If the Facebook privacy setting value is set to “No”, the only option to find someone on Facebook without logging in to Facebook is by using the second method of ‘Facebook Find Person’ feature.
To be more specific, the method of using Google’s site specific search feature to find somebody without logging in to Facebook, works only if the value of “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile? ” is set to “Yes” .
2. By Using ‘Facebook Find Person’ Feature
Facebook has a feature called ‘find person’, which is built into the Facebook website. You do not need any specific plugin or additional software to use this feature, to find out Facebook users details.
- Type https://www.facebook.com/public/name into your web browser like Google Chrome or Firebox, or any other browser. It will display all users with the given name. eg. Type https://www.facebook.com/public/henrypeter into browser’s address bar and press enter key.
- Please replace the name mentioned in the above step, with the exact name of the person you are looking for.
- Without knowing the exact full name of the person whom you are looking, the results may not match correctly, as there are hundreds of people with similar names. Knowing the correct full name (first name, surname, middle name) is the secret to find out anybody on Facebook, without logging in. Arabs usually have very longer names.
- If you are still unlucky to get the persons Facebook details, it is likely that the person does not have an account with Facebook!
Conclusion : There are times when you want to find out somebody in Facebook without logging in to Facebook or without having a Facebook account at all. The first method is by using the site specific search feature of search engines like Google. This search method works only if the privacy setting column value for “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile? ” is set to “Yes”. The second method is by using the ‘find person’ feature of Facebook website.