People are too much confused regarding reset network settings options in Android and iPhone/iPad. There are basically 3 options in every phone. Reset settings, Reset all settings and Reset network settings are 3 options which you can use for different purpose. Reset settings is a soft reset where your data doesn’t get deleted but settings are reset. Reset all settings option makes your phone go to factory settings. It will wipe data like photos, videos, documents, music and all settings.
Reset network settings option affects call settings, bluetooth settings and Wi-Fi settings of your phone. So if you ask “What happens if I reset network settings on my Android/iPhone?” then here is the list of things that will impact your phone:
- All call settings will reset.
- All bluetooth settings will reset. It will also delete any saved Bluetooth devices. You have to again pair bluetooth devices.
- All Wi-Fi settings will reset. It will also delete saved networks, passwords etc.. Try to save network name and password somewhere before you perform reset network settings on your iPhone/iPad or Android.
- Reset Network Settings will also remove Wi-Fi issues like “WiFi wont turn on, Wifi won’t connect, IP address unavailable, IP address conflict, authentication error, Saved secured but no internet, connected but no internet etc.. Once you perform reset network settings on your Android/iPhone, most of these problems will go away and you can browse internet from wifi without any problem.
- VPN connection settings will also reset. It will delete all saved VPN connection settings. You have to configure it again.
- These settings work same for Android device and iPhone models such as iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR/XS/XS Max and similar ones. It also works same for iPad.
So if you are experiencing problems related to call settings such as “No service” or “Searching…” for mobile network then you can perform reset network settings.
If you are experiencing problems related to Bluetooth settings such as “Bluetooth won’t connect to Android”, Bluetooth device won’t pair, bluetooth pairing code problem, device connection issue etc… then perform reset network settings. Pair your bluetooth device again once phone restarts.
If you are experiencing problems related to Wi-Fi or Hotspot connection issues such as Authentication error, connected but no internet, IP address unavailable, IP address mismatch, Saved secured but unable to connect, wifi wont turn on, wifi won’t connect then perform reset network settings on android/iPhone. It will fix these issues. Connect to your favorite network once again when phone restarts. Try to remember your network and password or note them down somewhere if you perform reset. VPN settings are also related to internet so they will also be wiped off. You can reconfigure that as well.
Hopefully this will clear all the doubts in your mind. One thing you need to remember is that “Reset Network Settings” won’t delete any data such as photos, music, videos or documents. It simply resets the Call, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and VPN settings of your phone.
If you still have any doubt then please comment below so that I can clear for you. Don’t forget to watch the video and subscribe to my channel.