You can perform factory reset on your iPhone without password or iTunes easily. There can be multiple reasons for performing a factory reset on your iPhone. Factory reset can be performed on iPhone X/8/7/6s/6/5s/5/4s. One of the common reasons for doing a factory reset is that people forget their passcode, pattern lock or iPhone is locked. You may also want to do factory reset because you want to sell your iPhone and want to delete every data and settings of your iPhone.
Factory reset can be done in mainly 3 ways on a locked iPhone. You can do factory reset iPhone without passcode or without iTunes. You can also perform factory reset with iTunes. The most common way for performing a factory reset on a locked iPhone is using iTunes.
Here are top 3 ways to factory reset iPhone X/8/7/6s/6/5s/5/4s :
- Factory Reset iPhone using iTunes (No Passcode or Password required)
- Factory Reset iPhone using iCloud ( No Passcode and No iTunes required)
- Factory Reset iPhone Without iTunes
Lets see all the steps which are required to delete all data and setting from your iPhone using these methods.
- Factory Reset iPhone Using iTunes – When you will use iTunes for factory reset then there is no passcode or password is required. Your iPhone must have been synched previously with iTunes. It’s the only precondition. You can do factory reset without Apple ID using this method. Now follow the steps below to do factory reset:
- Connect your iPhone using iPhone lightening Cable to your Macbook or PC.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Open “Summary Tab” in iTunes. Click on “Restore iPhone” option. Confirm the same in pop window.
- The process will be completed in few minutes. Wait for sometime.
- Use the latest backup file to restore your iPhone using iTunes.
- Factory Reset iPhone using iCloud – There is no passcode or password is required. You don’t even need iTunes to factory reset your iPhone. You need your Apple ID and Password for logging into iCloud. Follow the steps below to login to iCloud to erase all data:
- “Find My iPhone” must be enabled for this method to work. If you haven’t enabled find my iPhone earlier on your device then this method won’t work.
- Open “www.iCloud.com” on your browser.
- Login with Apple ID and Password through which you are signed into iPhone.
- Click “Find My iPhone” from the apps.
- Tap on “All devices” from the top of internet browser window.
- Select your iPhone and click on it to open various options.
- Tap on “Erase iPhone” option and it will erase all passcode, data and settings.
- Factory Reset iPhone Without iTunes – Factory resetting with iTunes creates a problem as it updates the software after restore. Many people don’t want to do that. They simply want to delete all data and settings without updating the software. You can do that by deleting all settings and data from iPhone itself. Your iPhone should be in unlocked condition. You need your passcode or password. Follow the steps below to factory reset your iPhone using iPhone settings:
- Tap on “Settings” in your iPhone.
- Tap on “General” in iPhone.
- Tap on “Reset“.
- Now Tap on “Erase all Content and Settings“.
- It will erase all the data of your iPhone.
- Now you should backup iPhone using iCloud if you have a backup copy.
Start setting up of your iPhone. During this you should select “Restore from iCloud” option. Sign in to iCloud and you will see all backup copies of the past. Select one of them and iPhone will start to restore from iCloud backup. Give it sometime before it downloads everything on your iPhone.
4. Use Software – There are few softwares which tend to factory reset iPhone using the inbuilt functions. However they will use the same methods above. The only thing is that you don’t have to follow steps. These softwares must be paid for to use all functions. I highly recommend you to use free methods given above. In the process you will learn few things.
Factory reset will help you get rid of problems like iPhone Black screen, iPhone Freeze Problem, iPhone WiFi connectivity problem, iPhone Unresponsiveness etc.. Hopefully you will be able to factory reset your iPhone without password or without iTunes. You can also factory reset iPhone without using Apple ID and Password.