It’s really annoying when we miss important calls and texts from our beloved ones because ringer volume on your iPhone isn’t working properly. Problem is being observed with the latest release of iPhone 8. The iPhone 8 won’t ring for many people and you may be missing a lot of important calls. The iPhone 8 ringer volume not working is possible due to some settings in your iPhone. It may not be a hardware issue. You are simply not able to find or configure the iPhone 8 ringer volume.
We are going to tell you what to do when iPhone 8 ringer volume doesn’t work for you properly. You should follow the methods below to fix it in not time. You need to change few settings in your iPhone 8 here and there and you will be able to resolve the problem in no time. iPhone 8 won’t ring problem will go away.
Here are few solutions to fix iPhone 8 ringer volume not working :
- Silent Switch of iPhone 8
- Increase Ringer Volume to Full in settings of iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 charging port debris.
- Disable Do Not Disturb.
- Repair your iPhone 8 at Apple service center.
Here’s how to fix iPhone 8 won’t ring in detail:
- iPhone 8 Silent Switch – Every iPhone has a silent switch at the side of the iPhone through which you can quickly toggle iPhone 8 ringer to ON or OFF. You should check the silent switch of the iPhone 8 whether it’s in off mode or on mode. If it’s off then iPhone 8 ringer volume won’t work. You need to turn it On by pulling it towards front of iPhone 8 screen.
- Check the switch and change the direction of it.
- You will get notification on iPhone 8 screen whether ringer volume is OFF or ON.
- Normally if you pull the switch towards iPhone screen the ringer volume turns ON and if you pull towards back then it turns OFF.
- Make sure you have turned it ON so that ringer volume works properly for your iPhone 8.
- Increase Ringer Volume in iPhone 8 Settings – There is a chance that ringer volume of your iPhone 8 is set to low or silent. Even if your iPhone is playing sounds from other applications then also ringer volume wont’ work because it’s set of independently to low or silent. You need to change the same by going to settings in iPhone 8. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings >> Sounds and Haptics.
- Now drag the ringer and alert slider to full volume.
- There is also setting in sounds through which can change ringer volume with side buttons. Make sure it’s turned on so that you don’t have to go to settings always.
- Dust/Debris in Charging port of iPhone 8 – It’s a very common problem where iPhone charging port accumulates debris inside the charging port. If there is debris present inside the charging port then your earphone won’t work properly. Even your charger wont’ work properly. You need to take out that debris by using some sharp strong pin (don’t use metal) which doesn’t break inside. Use a torch to see carefully inside the port and clean it carefully.
- Disable Do Not Disturb – If Do not disturb is enabled on your iPhone 8 then you won’t hear it ring. You need to disable the DND via settings of your iPhone 8. You can also turn it off via control center of the iPhone 8. Swipe up the control center from the bottom of the screen and tap on do no disturb mode if it’s turned on. You will also see a moon icon in the right corner of the iPhone 8 which shows that Do Not Disturb is turned on.
- If you are not hearing the ringer volume while driving then there is a chance that Do not disturb while driving is ON. You need to turn it off through settings.
- You can schedule the Do Not Disturb by going to Settings >> Do Not Disturb >> Schedule.
- Repair at Apple Service Center – The last solution to this problem is to visit Apple service center and let them check out the problem. Either they will fix it for you asap or will take some time before fixing and returning your device.
- Make sure iPhone 8 is under warranty before you visit service center. Else you will be given quote for the problem.
- Most of the problems are fixed right away if parts are available there.
- Apple repairs are covered by a 90 day warranty. You can take them back if you have any problem within 90 days for free check up and repair.
- You also need to make a Genius bar appointment from Apple website which will ease everything when you visit them.
- Make sure you never replaced iPhone part with a non-iPhone part. In such cases it wont’ be repaired. Always use genuine parts even if you repairing it.
However most of the time iPhone 8 Ringer volume won’t ring due to settings in iPhone 8. You simply need to checkout the settings as mentioned in the above methods and hopefully you will be able to make your iPhone 8 ringer volume work asap.
If you have found any other method which worked out for your iPhone then please tell us in the comments so that we can include the same in the list.