iPhone X has lots of problems as it’s a new device. People have reported that their iPhone X screen becomes unresponsive due to some issues and they are not able to swipe or do anything on their iPhone. It disables swipes and gestures on iPhone and many people are unable to turn off their iPhone X due to unresponsive screen. The unresponsive screen makes your swipes and gesture lag very much. There will be a notable delay before your swipe action takes place. Taps on the screen take a lot of time and sometimes they are ignored completely. For most of the people, the screen of the iPhone X freezes completely and they are not able to do anything.
There are simple solution available to this problem when your iPhone X screen is not working properly or becomes completely unresponsive. This is a quite rare issue but it’s really annoying if it happens with us. Make sure that your iPhone X display is clean and there isn’t any obstruction such as screen protector or case which is causing the touch problem in your iPhone X. You can start the troubleshooting methods when you think that everything is okay.
What causes iPhone X touchscreen to become unresponsive?
There can be 3 main reasons for unresponsive touch screen of your iPhone X. If your iPhone X screen is becoming unresponsive while using certain app that you downloaded on your iPhone X recently there certainly the problem is limited to that app only. You should uninstall that faulty app by doing a soft reset of iPhone X.
The freeze and unresponsiveness can also be caused due to faulty updates to apps or iOS. Apple keeps releasing updates for iPhone X from time to time. As it’s a new device, lots of updates in the new iOS keeps coming. There is a chance that some faulty update is causing the problem in your iPhone X. Updates cause conflicts to system functions. Minor bugs are always downloading new updates which fixes the problem. Major problems can only be removed by doing a hard reset option.
The third reason can be hardware issue. If you ever dropped off your iPhone or phone got exposed to liquid then there is a chance that it’s a hardware issue. It can only be cured at Apple service center. As there is no software issue, you can’t fix it yourself. You need to take it to service center.
How to Fix Frozen/Unresponsive iPhone X Screen
You can quickly fix frozen/unresponsive iPhone X screen by force restarting the device. Follow the steps below to quickly force reboot of your iPhone X. It will fix up every software issue.
- Press and release the volume up button of iPhone X.
- Press and release the volume down button of iPhone X.
- Press and hold power button/side button of iPhone X until you see Apple logo on screen. It can take up to 30 seconds.
- Once you see the Apple logo then release the power button and your iPhone X will boot up as usual.
Once the phone restarts then your screen will work perfectly just like new phone with all the swipes and gestures working perfectly. The force reboot solution doesn’t take much time and your iPhone X will be up and running in no time.
What’s Next: Update the iOS on the iPhone X immediately
You should immediately update the iOS on your iPhone X. Update your iOS to the latest version or just check whether your iPhone requires an update or not. Follow the steps below to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS:
- First backup of your data via iCloud or backup via iTunes.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Software update.
- The phone will start checking for updates.
- Now proceed with iOS update download and installation.
If the above solution didn’t work out for you then you can perform a device firmware upgrade (DFU) mode on your device.
The next troubleshooting step is DFU recovery on your iPhone X. This the last solution to fix the unresponsiveness of the iPhone X screen. It will also fix any other issues such as WiFi issues, network issues or any other software or app related problems. Follow the below steps to enter into the DFU recovery mode for your iPhone X.
- Connect your iPhone X to a computer using the USB cable provided by the Apple.
- Open the iTunes program on the computer.
- Press and hold side button/power button and volume down button on your iPhone x for at least 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears then you held the button for too long. repeat the steps again.
- If no Apple logo appears then release the power button and keep holding the volume down button for few more seconds.
- If iPhone X screen remains black and you are alerted with a message on iTunes saying that it has detected iPhone then you are successfully into DFU mode.
- Now follow the on screen instruction in iTunes on computer to restore your iPhone X.
Hopefully your problem will be resolved by these two methods. If you discovered any other method then please inform us in the comments below so that we can include that method also.