You must have encountered a situation where your Android Wi-Fi keeps dropping Wi-Fi connection. It’s really annoying when Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to wireless networks on its own. You may experience this situation very frequently on Android phones. You must have restarted your phone many times in order to fix the issue. Many people must have even tried factory data reset option on their phone to fix Wi-Fi connection issue. However dropping Wi-Fi connection won’t go away by trying all these options.
You need to know that your Android Wi-Fi tests the Internet connection while connecting to a wireless network or Hospot. If the Internet connection is poor then it keeps disconnecting, reconnecting or switching between different Wi-Fi networks. The Android Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting problem mainly arises due to poor Internet connection. However Android may incorrectly detect a poor Internet connection on the network. To fix the issue, you need to change the settings in Wi-Fi Advanced settings on your Android phone or tablet. It will be easily fixed by doing a little troubleshooting on different versions of Android.
Solution: You have to switch off the settings which allows Android device to switch away from Wi-Fi network if the Internet connection is bad. People have reported that their Internet connection is good on other devices. If you switch off the settings then your Android phone won’t drop Wi-Fi connection frequently or immediately.
Follow the below methods to switch off settings which allow android to switch between Wi-Fi networks:
- Switch Off Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep
- Switch Off Wi-Fi Assistant Option.
- Switch Off Smart Network Switch.
- Switch Off Auto Network Switch.
- Switch Off Scanning Always Available option.
Let’s how you can do this in step by step process-
1. Switch OFF “Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep” option
- Go to “Settings” in your Android device.
- Tap on “Wi-Fi” option.
- Tap on “Advanced Settings” option. If it’s not there directly then tap on 3 dots at top right corner to get “Advanced Settings.”
- In Advanced Settings: Tap on “Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep“. You should look for similar options in your android phone as it may differ from device to device. Tapping on it will give you 2-3 options.
- Select “Always” from the list.
- Now your Wi-Fi won’t go to sleep if you don’t use it solving your disconnecting issue.
2. “Wi-Fi Assistant” or “Auto Network Switch” or “Smart Network Switch”
- Go to “Settings” in your Android phone.
- Tap on “Wi-Fi” option.
- Look out for options such as “Wi-Fi Assistant” or “Smart Network Switch” or “Auto Network Switch“.
- If you see advanced settings, tap on it and look for these options.
- They must be in ON mode. Switch these options OFF.
- It will solve your Android problem of switching between cell phone data and Wi-Fi networks. It will also solve frequent disconnection of Wi-Fi networks.
Smart network switch is found in many Samsung Android phones. Wi-Fi Assistant can be found in Redmi and MI phones.
3. Switch OFF “Scanning Always Available” option.
- Go to “Settings” of your Android mobile.
- Tap on “Wi-Fi” option given.
- Look out option “Scanning Always Available” or if have advanced Wi-Fi Settings option. Tap on it.
- Scanning Always Available will be ON.
- Switch it OFF.
- It will solve your Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting issue. It keeps scanning Wi-Fi Networks for a better Internet connection. If it finds a better one then it switches automatically to that network.
I am pretty sure that it will fix Wi-Fi disconnecting and reconnecting issue on your Android phone. If it didn’t fix the issue then you should check our guide on “How to Fix Android Wi-Fi Won’t Connect Problem“. If you are experiencing the same problem in iPhone or iPad then check our guide on “How to Troubleshoot iPhone Wi-Fi Won’t Connect Issue“. If you know any other method to solve this problem then comment below so that we can include it in the list.