Sometimes the wireless network in our iPhone and iPad creates a lot of problem. The Wi-Fi network has problems like getting stuck, won’t turn on, authentication problems, IP address conflicts and obtaining IP address issues. All the Wi-Fi connectivity problems can be easily resolved by resetting the network settings on your iPhone and iPad. iOS has direct way of resetting the network settings. You just have to follow the simple steps mentioned below to reset the network settings on your iPhone and iPad.
The “Reset Network Settings” in iPhone and iPad will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, APN and VPN settings along with Cellular settings and bluetooth settings of the phone. You should note your desired networks password somewhere if you don’t remember it. Resetting the network will delete all saved networks and their passwords. It will also fix cellular problems such as “No Service” and “Searching on your iPhone and iPad”.
Here are simple steps to reset network settings on iPhone and iPad:
- Go to “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to “General” option.
- Select “Reset” option inside it.
- Click on “Reset Network Settings” to change all network settings to default on iOS device.
You will also see many options inside the “Reset” option:
- Reset All Settings
- Erase All Content and Settings
- Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- Reset Home Screen Layout
- Reset Location and Privacy.
You can use these options to fix many problems when required on your iPhone and iPad. The reset network settings methods will work on all variant of iPhone and iPad such as iPhone 5, iPhone 6, 6S, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
There are many issues which arise on iPhone due to network issues. These problems can be easily fixed by simple methods. Let’s have a look at these issues of iPhone and iPad.
- Wi-Fi stops working – If the iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi stops working then you should perform the above mentioned steps to resolve it. Resetting the network will surely fix the Wi-Fi won’t work issue in no time. You should also read this “Wi-Fi Won’t Work Guide” to fix it.
- Unable to Connect to Specific Network – If you are unable to connect to one of your favorite wireless networks then you should press and hold the network. You will get two options “Forget Network” and “Modify Network”. Click on Forget Network option. Now search for network. Connect to it again with the right password. Most probably it will fix the issue. If it doesn’t then you should perform a network reset on iPhone or iPad.
- No service or Searching for Network – There are times when iPhone or iPad takes a whole lot of time to search for a network and finally says No service at the right hand top. This problem can be easily fixed by switching ON Airplane mode and turning it OFF after few seconds. If it doesn’t fixes the issue then you should perform network reset option.
- Problems with Making or receiving calls – If you have problems in calls then it’s because of the accidental switching on of Airplane mode. Turn it off and you will be able to make calls again. If it does’t help you out then restart your iPhone or iPad. If it also doesn’t help you out then perform a network reset option which will surely fix the issue.
- iMessage isn’t working – iMessage isn’t working is a very common problem in iOS devices. It won’t let you turn off iMessage as well. In such cases the network reset option will also not help you. You can try. Instead of reset network option, you should try hard reset option which is “Reset All Settings” on your iPhone or iPad. It will fix all the issues. Don’t forget to save all the important data before you perform a hard reset on your iPhone or iPad.
- iPhone Could not be synced – This is yet another common problem among iOS users which can be easily fixed by rebooting and performing a network reset option on your iPhone and iPad. It will resolve the issue very easily.
I already wrote about how to reset network settings on Android phones. If you have any Android phone then check the Android reset network settings guide as well. If you are having any problems related to Wi-Fi on Android then read out “Wi-Fi Connection Fix Guide“. If you know any other method to reset network settings on your iPhone or iPad then do let us know in the comments so that we can list it above.